Do we have to use Selden Barns recommended suppliers?

We try to be flexible here at Selden Barn, but we do ask that you use one of our recommended suppliers for your wedding catering, as its one of the most important parts of the day & we like to assure we use caterers that offer both excellent service as well as excellent food. You will understand that it is our reputation as a venue that is at stake.

Due to our licence, all alcohol and drinks consumed on the premises must be supplied by our bar but we offer pre-reception drinks and table wines at reduced rates to our usual bar prices as well as Bar staff to serve the pre-reception drinks and toast drinks as well as chilling, uncorking and laying out of table wines.

You are welcome to use other suppliers for decorations, entertainment, photo booth, etc and we do have a number of very good suppliers in our wedding contacts page who know our premises and business very well.

Please be aware though that if you arrange your own entertainment, such as a DJ, Band or String Quartet etc. we have a noise limiter that they must be made aware of and we will require a copy of their Public Liability Insurance, along with proof that all electrical equipment has been Portable Appliance Tested (PAT). This should be supplied at least 2 months prior to the wedding. Unfortunately, anyone who fails to provide this will be unable to play at Selden Barns as it can invalidate our insurance.